Thursday, August 30, 2007

5 Months Old

Measuring Riley's weight at the odd months, when she doesn't have a pediatrician's appointment, is proving tricky. At three months we used the kitchen scale, but this month I've reached new levels of creativity (read desperation). We took a little field trip to PetSmart, where I weighed Riley on the dog scale. I put her carrier on the scale, then put her in the carrier and did the math. Don't worry, she never came in contact with the scale. The three women at PetSmart all thought Riley was adorable with her "Pebbles" hair, and didn't mind me using the scale for this atypical purpose. In fact, the told me it wasn't the strangest request they've received. Last week a woman used the scale to weigh her luggage to ensure it wasn't over the airline's limit.

So at at 5 months old, Riley weighs 12 pounds, 9 ounces and is roughly 25 inches long. This is about what I expected. She doesn't seem much longer to me, but she has filled out a little bit. Her thighs and belly seem a little chubbier than they did last month, although she still has a hard time keeping her pants up, even with a diaper.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

What a great way to weigh her! Me and the kids like to go to the dog pound sometimes to look at the animals since we don't have a real pet store nearby...I used the dog scale there-Kali is 26 pounds and 8 ounces-that seems huge for her! Riley is so cute!