Saturday, December 22, 2007

Christmas Can Come Now

I finally finished the last project I needed to get done before Christmas, and that was Riley's stocking. When Scot was a kid his Mom made each of her children their own stocking. They are hand-stitched from felt, and each has a different design. Since I didn't have my own stocking, after we got married I decided to make one for myself to hang next to Scot's. I finished it years ago, and must have enjoyed making it so much (or anticipated having a baby a whole lot sooner than we did), that I started on a second stocking. After I went back to school I didn't have nearly as much free time, and the stocking was set aside and forgotten. I remembered it sometime last month, so I unpacked it and have been working on it every chance I got. I finally finished tonight! So Christmas can come now. Riley has a stocking to fill.

4 comments:

emily said...

Good job, Becca! That looks intricate...did you design it and piece it together yourself. I'm impressed!

Courtney said...

That's a super cute one! and she'll have it forever! I love those stockings

Scot said...

I'm proud of Becca. It probably has taken over a hundred hours to finish, although that's spread out over 2 years or so.

Anonymous said...

Wow Becca, good job! You finished it just in time! It looks like a lot of work, but it's very cute. Someday Riley will appreciate your dedication to her stocking as this symbolizes your dedication to her. I know that's cheesy, but it's true and it's Christmas. Merry Christmas!