I love greasy spoon-type diners. Places that simply serve good, honest food and aren't trying to be something they're not. Bill & Nada's in Salt Lake City will always be the standard by which I judge a diner. I haven't found one yet that meets those standards, and probably never will, because of all the fun memories I have of that place that go beyond the orange pancakes and the crispy hashbrowns.I've always loved breakfast foods, and maybe that's what drew me to diners in the first place. So when I'm in an unfamiliar place and don't know where to find a local diner, IHOP will usually fill satisfy a craving for French toast or an omlette. For all you fellow breakfast-lovers, I've got a good deal to tell you about. February 12th is National Pancake Day, and IHOP is celebrating with free pancakes! You know how much I like a deal, so this is definitely on our family's menu for dinner tomorrow night. You can get the details here. But I haven't even told you the best part yet. Any donations received by IHOP will benefit local children's hospitals. So stop by IHOP tomorrow, and donate generously for your free pancakes. Maybe we'll see you there!
Oil painting by Paul Heathart.
3 comments:
I think until you find a place that has Ring of Fire on the jukebox, brains and eggs on the menu, pancakes with a slight orange hue and my cousin singing while ordering $40 worth of food, Bill and Nada's will always hold the crown. I didn't know it was national pancake day tomorrow! There's an IHOP right by my house too...
Okay, I don't know of a great bfast place here, but I've got a fabulous lunch place with a soda fountain and everything. The cheeseburgers are amazing and the chocolate sodas are enormous! It's at Nau's Pharmacy on West Lynn. If you like all American diners you'll love this!
Thanks for the IHOP tip! mm pancakes.. sweet deal and helping out the kiddies!
Post a Comment