Update: In the morning, Riley wakes us up between 7:35 and 7:45 (I don't even set my alarm anymore and decided I didn't want to get up earlier) with a squeal or yell. I get her and bring her to our bed so that we might get a few more minutes of rest (pretty hard because she is climbing on us, patting our faces, and trying to crawl off the bed). This morning, I asked if I could have a kiss and made the kissy face and she crawled over and planted a kiss on me. She gets the biggest smile when I say, "thank you!"
Wednesday, February 13, 2008
Valentine Kisses
Riley doesn't really like to cuddle unless she is really tired because she wants to play. She only occassionally gives hugs. She doesn't give kisses. In fact, Riley has always been a kiss avoider. Until today. When I would try to kiss her before, she would move her head away from me (same for Becca). I've been trying to teach her to give kisses, but really have not had any luck. Today, when I got her up from her nap, I asked her if I could have a kiss and she opened her mouth and leaned in. She kept doing it, so we got it on tape. I guess she wanted to give us a good Valentine's day present (just a day early). Of course, she would only kiss Becca once and the rest of the time she avoided it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Good you got that on tape, just in case that was a one time experience. She's so dang cute!
Ah, the first baby open mouth slobber kisses! So cute. I love how she's just so nonchalant about it like "Sigh...alright, here you go."
Wow. 1) I need to sit up straight. 2) My "baby" voice sounds a little, well, I'll say weird.
Awww, that's so cute and she seems so happy! Why is it that kids open their mouths to kiss? It's not like they see people frenching all the time!!
Speak for yourself, Tiff! jk
My brother-in-law and his wife had to cut back on the PDF (public displays of frenching) when their daughter, Tyra, decided that open mouth kissing was the way to go.
Cora's big into kisses, or more correctly, the Spanish American "besito". When we lay her down for naps, she opens her mouth and chomps down on our cheek when we bring our faces near.
Yeah Scot, that baby voice scared me a little, I'm not gonna lie :)
ps. nice shirt, go utes!
Post a Comment