Yesterday, I finished preparing the bed for the garden and we planted some vegetables. We planted large tomotoes, grape tomatoes, anaheim peppers, bell peppers, lettuce, carrots, and onions. We'll see how they turn out. We also planted some flowers in pots. When I was preparing the bed in the morning, Riley went in and out the back door to play and played with her ride-on/push toy and even walked it to the back of the yard. Later, when we were planting, she helped out by quality controlling the dirt and petunias by taste-testing them. She also shook up some of the seeds in their envelopes so they were well mixed for us to plant. She loved playing with the water. By the end, she was soaked and dirty, just the way to end a good time gardening.
Sunday, March 23, 2008
Gardening
It feels good to get your hands into the dirt and smell the soil and the plants. I wouldn't say that I have a green thumb, but I enjoy plants and gardens. I worked a summer at a plant nursery and although it was hot and hard work, it was gratifying and somewhat relaxing. I like seeing the plants growand like the look of a well kept lawn and garden.
Yesterday, I finished preparing the bed for the garden and we planted some vegetables. We planted large tomotoes, grape tomatoes, anaheim peppers, bell peppers, lettuce, carrots, and onions. We'll see how they turn out. We also planted some flowers in pots. When I was preparing the bed in the morning, Riley went in and out the back door to play and played with her ride-on/push toy and even walked it to the back of the yard. Later, when we were planting, she helped out by quality controlling the dirt and petunias by taste-testing them. She also shook up some of the seeds in their envelopes so they were well mixed for us to plant. She loved playing with the water. By the end, she was soaked and dirty, just the way to end a good time gardening.
.JPG)
Yesterday, I finished preparing the bed for the garden and we planted some vegetables. We planted large tomotoes, grape tomatoes, anaheim peppers, bell peppers, lettuce, carrots, and onions. We'll see how they turn out. We also planted some flowers in pots. When I was preparing the bed in the morning, Riley went in and out the back door to play and played with her ride-on/push toy and even walked it to the back of the yard. Later, when we were planting, she helped out by quality controlling the dirt and petunias by taste-testing them. She also shook up some of the seeds in their envelopes so they were well mixed for us to plant. She loved playing with the water. By the end, she was soaked and dirty, just the way to end a good time gardening.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment