Monday, October 20, 2008

Announcement

We would like to announce that after graduation, we are headed to (drum roll please):

Fort Collins, Colorado

I interviewed with CPP (Cermak, Peterka, Peterson) about two months ago and because of the volatile market, didn't get an offer until last week. I accepted the position of Senior Engineer this morning. If you wish to know what they do, you can visit cppwind.com. Essentially, they have three large wind tunnels to generate simulated atmospheric boundary layers and use them to look at wind loads on structures that humans build. They also look at dispersion of chemicals or smoke coming out of stacks, pedestrian level winds, snow drifts, natural ventilation and smoke evacuation inside buildings, etc. I will be working on special projects (the projects that they don't do everyday) and solar panel projects (hoping solar panel installations don't blow off roofs). We plan to move after commencement (Dec 6th) and get settled before the holidays. I will start at the beginning of 2009.

Now that that is done, we have to focus on selling our house and buying a new one. I don't know if I've ever had as much "life" stress before. I've had school stress and test stress and newborn stress, but right now, there is a lot going on and a lot to keep track of. Our house goes on the market Thursday and it seems like we have people coming every morning and afternoon to our house for last minute fixes, window washing, carpet cleaning, moving company estimates, etc. On top of that, I still have to finish up some stuff for my dissertation (sending to my whole committee today) and get ready for my Ph.D. defense in mid November.

We are excited to live in Colorado and have a basement. We will be about 7 hours to Albuquerque (my parents) and 7 hours to Salt Lake City (Becca's family). We will be sad to leave Austin and our friends and everything we have come to love here, but we'll get sappy in another later blog post. Forgive us if our postings get a little sparse in the next few weeks.

8 comments:

Brian said...

Waye to go, hermano! We wish you were coming out this waye, though.

Courtney said...

yay! congrats! I am so happy for you guys, and good luck with all the moving stress and craziness you have going on!

Farrah said...

Congratulations! That is way exciting, but we'll be sad to see you guys go!

The Wife said...

Congratulations! A real job...must be nice. :)

We'll miss you guys!

Marty said...

Yahoo!!!! Huge congratulations on your job. Good luck in these next few months. It sounds like they will be crazy ones!

Trotts said...

It's official? I'm excited to have you guys a lot closer. It will be good to see the 4 of you more often.

Tiffany said...

Congratulations! I love Colorado!

Give Mease a chance said...

Sweet! what a great place to "end up". Congrats!