Saturday, December 6, 2008

Graduation

Today was commencement. Do you know why it's called commencement and not graduation? Due to tradition, it's called this because they were "commencing to teach". Anyway, it's always fun to see the faculty's regalia from other universities. I think some of them belonged at Hogwarts, but it's cool to see the variety.


Here I am getting hooded by the dean.


My parents came to town for the event.


I am now done with school. Not done with learning, but done with schooling. No 22nd grade for me. Unless maybe I want to go to Law school or get an MBA. Just kidding.

6 comments:

Suzy said...

congratulations!!!!!!

The Wife said...

Yeah for the Waye's! Congratulations!

MartyE said...

You didn't rent the sceptor???

Huge congrats from the Evans Family.

The Higginbothams said...

Way to go Scot. You did it! I hope your commencement was climactic and rewarding. We're proud of you. The first PhD in our family. Woohoo!

Stephanie said...

Great Job! Congratulations! Good luck in Colorado.

Tami said...

Congratulations! I like your hat. So which house did you belong to? Griffendorf? On to your next adventures!!!!