Wednesday, May 27, 2009

She Says....

More pearls of wisdom from Riley. These are in chronological order again, from late March through today.

My Mom was visiting and we were talking about my younger brother Nick. Riley overheard and chimed in, "Nick's a cutie." I think she's got a little crush on her uncle.

About M&Ms: "Chocolates are fun. Chocolates are tasty. I like 'em!"

Riley: I want some juice, Mommy.
Me: You already had juice today. Do you want some milk?
Riley: Always!

After she had done something she knew she shouldn't, and Scot caught her in the act Riley said in her sweetest voice, "Daddy, don't be mad at me."

One Saturday Scot took Riley with him to run a couple of errands. As they were leaving Home Depot she asked where they were going next. He answered, "Sam's" but she corrected, "Daddy, don't say Sam's. Say Sam's Cwub."

Since she is allergic to strawberries I've been coaching Riley to say, "strawberries make me sick" whenever she sees them, in order to avoid people feeding them to her unknowingly. We had strawberry shortcake for dessert, but made Riley a small blackberry shortcake. She looked at all three plates as they were served, then stated, "Strawberries make me sick. Blackberries make me happy!"

"Thank you! It's my birthday!" when Scot gave her another slice of cantaloupe...two months after her birthday.

Riley learned a song called Smiles a couple of weeks ago and sings it while she's playing sometimes. Today she said out of nowhere, "If you chance to meet a frown, that's a naughty little kid."

4 comments:

Brent and Britta said...

Those were awesome! Nothing better than kid quotes. She's such a cutie... like her uncle ;)

Eilene said...

I'm so glad you posted those, once again she gave me some good laughs. I was just telling Jess the other day that she needs to post some Brady quotes. Those two-year-olds are just so darn cute.

Alicia said...

She is so funny! Seriously adorable. And frankly, she speaks the truth. Chocolates are tasty.

Stephanie said...

She's one bright little girl! :)

I need to start writing down my 2-year-old's funny and insightful phrases too.

Thanks for the inspiration.