Monday, July 20, 2009

Done Deal

Riley put it best when, at five minutes to nine this morning, she announced that today had been a really good day.


We drove down to Brighton, Colorado early this morning, where we had an 8:30 court appearance. After testimony from me and then Scot, Asher's adoption was finalized!

Asher looked adorable for his big day, and both kids were very well behaved in the courtroom. The judge gave them each a stuffed animal to keep to help them remember this day.

16 comments:

Danielle said...

Yeah! COngrats, Asher looks ADORABLE!!!!

emily said...

That's such good news and I'm sure such a relief to have that behind you! Well, an official welcome to the family, Mr. Cute Asher-Man! He sure is dashing in that outfit! Congrats, Waye Family!

Brenna said...

Asher does look adorable.... congrats!

Courtney said...

Congratulations! That is possibly the cutest outfir I have ever seen! I love it! Everyone at work wants to squeeze him!

Alicia said...

I'm formally requesting a copy of that picture of Asher. It's so cute, I can't even stand it. And how sweet that the judge gave the kids stuffed animals! It's a shame that Riley didn't get to testify.

Tami said...

He is so stinkin' cute in that outfit!!!

Eilene said...

Asher couldn't have looked more handsome. From his big smile I think he's thrilled to officially be Asher Kenyon Waye.

Staci said...

What an exciting event, and Asher is definetely looking like an adorable mr. cool guy. Congratulations Waye fam!

Brent and Britta said...

HOORAY! Such great news! I love that teeny tie!

Farrah said...

Yeah! So excited for you all! Congrats!

Alisha said...

Congratulations! Your family is adorable!

Unknown said...

Congratulations that is an awesome milestone, for sure!!! the kids look adorable especially your little man.

The Higginbothams said...

I knew you had a cute kid, but this picture just puts him over the top. How did you get him to keep that hat on???

Tiffany said...

He sure looks cute in his little outfit! Love the hat! Congrats on the 'official' being Asher's parents! When is the sealing now? Where is that going to be? I'm so happy for you guys!

Beth schell said...

Congrats... Asher is soooo adorable! He is just so cute and looks so cuddly and happy!

PS how do y'all like Ft. Collins? We're thinking about moving to Colorado...

Stephanie said...

Oh, this post made me get a little teary-eyed. Congratulations! He is 100% adorable (love the hat).