I think my love of doing laundry must be contagious, because ever since she was old enough to throw a sock into a pile, Riley has been helping me with various "laundry tasks." Lately she likes to pull the clean laundry out of the dryer, and she's pretty good about separating out and handing me the stuff that should go on a hanger instead of a laundry basket.
Today we had just finished that project and then moved the wet clothes over from the washing machine. I put soap in the washing machine for the next load and started the water running. As soon as I walked out of the laundry room to grab the next pile of clothes, Riley laughingly closed herself in the room alone. I came back in just a couple minutes later to find her throwing in the last piece of clothing into the washer from a basket full of freshly cleaned clothes. She was so proud of how well she had done that I couldn't bring myself to point out her mistake. Instead, I just thanked her for her help.
No comments:
Post a Comment