Here are a few things Riley has said this summer that have made us laugh.
We have found recently that some of the funniest things she says are the first words out of her mouth after she wakes in the morning. One morning Scot and I heard her moving around in her room so we walked in there together. We found her laying on her tummy in bed, with her arms at her sides, wiggling around. When she saw us she explained, "I'm a turtle. I can't swim."
Another fun one was during our trip to visit family in Utah in June. Riley was in a phase of calling everyone "honey." To this her four and a half year old cousin Cole asked, "Did she just call me honey? Mom, Riley just called me honey!"
There were lots of nicknames and terms of endearment this summer. We have no idea where she came up with either of these, but she would often call Scot, "Daddy-o," and I was "Biggy-Mom."
One morning she was being especially sweet and told me, "I'm your best friend, Mom." It's pretty much the truth.
She stopped in the middle of helping Scot with something outside one evening and emphatically stated about herself: "Best. Helper. EVER!"
One night I gave Scot a haircut after the kids had gone to bed. The next day Riley was sitting next to him on the couch and he asked her if she could tell what was different about his hair. She inspected it for a few seconds, then replied, "It got gray."
And most recently: while we were camping I asked her if I should take her to the potty, or if she wanted me to teach her how to "pee in the grass." She only paused for a second before she asked, "Like a dog?" In the end she opted for the outhouse toilet.
5 comments:
classic! She's adorably hilarious! "It's pretty much the truth"
hahahahaha! So funny-makes me miss having a little one...
oh, those are great.
i love the funny things kids say!
such an innocent time of life, sad it passes all too quickly.
i hope all is well.
I'm glad you post those cute little comments that come out of that funny little girl's mouth. She is way too smart for 2 1/2.
I think I'm going to need to hear her say "honey"! She's so funny and adorable!
Post a Comment