Have you seen this video yet? It’s awesome. I want to invite the college student on the skateboard over for dinner. I bet he’d be great company. And around my house, we’re also very thankful for muffins.
I love this talk of Elder Oaks’ because I am so thankful for my adversities.
I am thankful for all the work and stress and frustration that was involved in settling my Dad’s affairs after he passed away last September. Without that my brother and I wouldn’t have the trust and respect for each other that we have now. We wouldn’t have had the chance to work so closely together and learn how much we have in common.
I am thankful to have been stuck in Texas for 6 weeks after Asher’s placement. Without that I wouldn’t have had the chance to get to know my aunt, uncle, and cousins as well as I did. I’m a better mother because of the short time I lived with Ann.
I am thankful that Scot had the ambition to get two graduate degrees after we were married. Without those he might not have a job now. And we have some great memories and great friends from our time in Austin.
I am thankful for my experiences with infertility. Without that I wouldn’t have learned how to trust in the Lord so completely. I wouldn’t have the empathy and the sensitivity to others (and maybe even the thick skin) that I gained during that time.
I am thankful that we “had to” adopt. Without that I wouldn’t be Mom to the two most perfect children, and I wouldn’t have been blessed to have their birth-families in my life.
I am thankful to my Heavenly Father for these adversities, and for those I will surely face in the future.
What are you thankful for?
8 comments:
I always think it's funny that we become thankful for our adversities because it makes us better people!
I'm thankful for a sappy sister that makes me cry.
LOVED this post... you are awesome!
I agree with Jess...you made me cry too. Becca, we loved having you here and we loved getting to know you and your kiddos better. I have learned so much from Ann too. I miss her.
I am thankful for you, Becca, and the great example you are to me.
BTW, I'm also thankful for the other three wonderful people in your family.
Iam grateful to know you, and you made me cry as well. Great post!!
I am thankful you shared this. You gave me my "feel good" moment of the day. Thank you!
This post is amazing. You guys are amazing :)Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment