Riley: Mommy, I'm glad.
Me: What are you glad about?
Riley: I'm glad about you.
"I love my swimming blessings." She meant lessons.
"I need to throw away my sample." She was talking about a toothpick. Think we spend much time at Sam's Club in the middle of the day?
After waking up in the morning she told us that Aunt Courtney didn't sleep in the bunk beds with her the previous night. Then she said with the saddest little face, "That's a bummer." (In Courtney's defense, she did sleep in the bunk bed. She was just so covered in blankets that Riley didn't see her.)
After Courtney and her friends left our house, "My friends had a fun, fun day with me!"
Me: Riley, we're having friends come over for dinner on Tuesday. What do you think we should feed them?
Riley (looking confused): Mom, our friends can feed themselves.
No comments:
Post a Comment