Tuesday, January 26, 2010

She Says...

One evening I was upstairs putting Asher to bed. Riley and Daddy were in the basement, along with a basket or two of clean laundry. Riley got to work, and told Daddy, "I'm folding these clothes so Mommy doesn't have to."

Riley got in trouble for coming out of her room while she was supposed to be taking a nap. Her excuse: "My eyes don't work to sleep."

Out of the clear blue one afternoon: "You're really super, Mom."

As I was leaving her room at bedtime, Riley said, "I love you too..." then hesitated when she realized that I had not yet said I love you to her. She recovered very quickly by throwing "much!" in at the end.

While Riley is covering Daddy's hair in clippies:
Scot: Oow! Oow! Oow!
Riley: He's just kidding, Mommy. It doesn't hurt.
Scot: It does hurt.
Riley: No, it really doesn't. Mommy, he is really silly.

One evening at dinner, Riley was being her usual talkative self. She was telling a story, but Scot and I had no idea what she was talking about. Scot started to ask her absurd questions, and he got some crazy answers in response.
Scot: What did the horse smell like?
Riley: Purple.
Scot: How old was her mom?
Riley: Fourteen seconds.
But the one that had me laughing so hard I couldn't breathe was this:
Scot: How much did it cost?
Riley: It just cost problems, all the time.

While I was making a menu for the week I asked Riley, "What is something you really like for dinner?" Her response: "Going out. That's good for dinner." Can't argue with that, kiddo.

2 comments:

Tami said...

What a riot! She is just too funny!

Courtney said...

These are my favorite posts for sure! Thanks for all the updates!