Tuesday, June 22, 2010

She Says

Riley told me her dolls were getting ready to go to a wedding. "That's exciting," I responded. "Yeah," she said. "Exciting, but not fun."

On the way into preschool one morning we walked past a mother reprimanding her little girl in another language. We were about five feet away from them when Riley exclaimed, "That mom is talking crazy!"

Asher has been very interested lately in our old cell phone that has found a new home in the toy basket. Riley picked it up one day after he dropped it on the floor, and started having a conversation with Jesus. "I've got wet in my panties. Sorry, Jesus. We're taking good care of our bodies, but I didn't brush my teeth last night. Asher doesn't know how to take care of his body, so Mommy and Daddy help him." For the record, she didn't have "wet" in her panties. I guess she's lying to Jesus.

Riley was recounting parts of Toy Story 3 to me after she and Daddy got home from their date. "There was a fire. And it was big." She gets more worked up and intense as she goes. "It was so big! It was as big as...." [long pause while she looked around the kitchen, her eyes finally settling on her little brother] "it was a big as Asher's head!"

3 comments:

Rachel B. said...

Ha ha! Love these! Asher's head?! Hilarious!

Reary Family said...

She is so funny. I am going to start using that crazy talk comment.

casual friday every day said...

Oh too funny! Kids are the best!

Nell
@nelltaliercio