Wednesday, November 3, 2010

This Season

 
















We celebrated Halloween with three different events in the week leading up the the actual holiday. On Halloween night the kids dressed up, but we stayed home to hand out treats. I think my kids had more fun "sharing candy" than they would have if we'd gone trick-or-treating.

As I stated last year, I'm not a huge fan of Halloween. I like seeing little kids in their cute costumes. And it's especially fun for me now that my kids get a kick out of dressing up. But other than that, I could totally do without it.

So, with that said, on to my favorite part of this season...the weather! I really missed fall when we lived in Austin. I love the crisp weather, apples and squash in season, the changing leaves, crunching through piles of them, boots and sweaters, pumpkins and gourds, and not feeling guilty when I turn on my oven, to name a few.
Yesterday we had perfect weather for playing outside. Riley started burying herself in leaves, and she didn't have to say much to convince me to finish the project.
 Riley unsuccessfully tried to talk Asher into to letting her do the same to him. He was not interested in laying down. But he did have fun throwing leaves.

1 comment:

Reary Family said...

They look so cute and warm in their halloween costumes. Love those fall leaves pictures, it makes me want to go out side and get some of my kids, we have plenty of leaves.