Friday, January 21, 2011

Big Day for Riley

Something finally happened for Riley that she has been looking forward to for months…she is a Sunbeam in Primary now! Her teachers are fantastic and she had a great first day in class. When I asked her afterward what it’s like to be a Sunbeam, she answered, “We singed a LOT of songs.”

I was able to fill in for one of the teachers this last Sunday, and I think it’s safe to say that the singing is her favorite part. Because her class is the youngest, they sit on the front two rows in Singing Time. Riley leaned forward in her seat, paying rapt attention to the music leader the entire time, and sang along with all the songs she knew.

2 comments:

Megan said...

I'll say she was ready. I'm surprised that she wasn't already in primary because she just seems too smart and grown up to have still been in nursery. Hooray for Sunbeams!

The Higginbothams said...

Yay! I'm glad she's adjusting so well. But of course she is, she's mature beyond her years. I would LOVE to have Riley's little Sunbeam face watching me teach the primary music! By the way, you can download the mp3 of If I Listen with My Heart from the church's website, if you're interested.