We don't have any official news since our last adoption post about when we might be able to bring Tyson home. But we were recently told that the families who were matched with their children one month before us will receive their travel permission sometime next week. In theory, we're a month behind them in the process, so we'd be getting our travel permission the last week of October! But we've also been told that we'll be notified when Tyson's exit permission is applied for, and that we should expect a six week wait after that. Since we haven't received that notification yet, we're not expecting to be able to travel before the very end of October. Which is okay, since we'll be attending Scot's sister's wedding in California toward the end of that month.
But in the meantime, this is all becoming a little more real. Over the past year I've done what I can to prepare for bringing a toddler, who doesn't speak our language, into or home. I've read books and articles, I've talked to other adoptive moms, and I've prayed...a lot. But now all the practical issues are taking a front seat in my brain. I'm tracking airfares to Korea to figure out if there is a "best time" to buy our plane tickets. I am making lists in my head of what questions to ask of Tyson's foster mom when we meet her, and information to pass along to whomever watches Riley and Asher while we're away. I'm preparing freezer meals to make life simpler after we get home and are focused on settling in. I am paying attention to the myriad of things in our house that aren't toddler-proof. I am filling Tyson's drawers with the clothes Asher wore last winter. I'm watching sales and stocking up on diapers and wipes again. I am trying to get the kids and myself settled into our new routine with preschool and classes. I have added running to my routine, in hopes that I'll be blessed with more energy.
And I'm also trying to wrap up some projects that have been hanging around. I need to finish some Christmas gift sewing projects that I started last month and I'm nearly halfway finished with Tyson's Christmas stocking. The carpets need to be cleaned. I had planned to make a Halloween costume for Asher that he would adore (Max, from Where The Wild Things Are), so I need to figure out whether I can realistically do that. And I really need to catch up on this blog. I have photos from swimming lessons and other summer fun just waiting to be shared. So [big breath], here goes! Another flurry of posts until I'm caught up!
2 comments:
Wow, you sound really busy. Let me know if I can help with anything over here.
Yikes! Don't put too much on your plate. A Halloween costume isn't that important.
Post a Comment