After leaving the gator farm, we drove about 3 hours to Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park. The tallest vertical cliffs in [I don't know - CO definitely, maybe the US, maybe North America?] are here. It was a nice 'drive, park, walk 200 yards to the edge, get back in the car, drive a little more, repeat' type of place, which was nice, because I think the kids were tired of hiking after the Dunes and Zapata Falls.
Becca does not like heights, so she stayed away from the edges. Riley, on the other hand ... well, we need to instill a little more fear in her. Maybe I should have acted like I was pushing her off the edge. She did get a kick out of making Becca squirm.
Riley helping out with Tyson.
Typical hiking face for Mr. Short Legs And Bad Attitude. Obviously we're bad parents making him walk a little bit. I fear we've got about 15 more years of this to deal with.
"Painted Wall"
No comments:
Post a Comment