Anyone who knows me knows how much I like kids. But before I became a Mom, I always felt like babies were a little over-rated. They're cute, but they just don't do that much. I would joke with Scot that we should just adopt a toddler because they're more fun. But part of me really felt that way. And then came Riley. I just want her to stay little forever. I get sentimental everytime she grows out of a onesie. When I was looking at the photos from Richmond that were taken only five weeks ago, I realized how much she's filled in since then. No more extra-skin-wrinkles on her belly. And now my sweet little baby is starting to do things that are forcing me to acknowledge that she won't be a baby forever. Friday night she had a fever that clued me in to the fact that her bottom two teeth look like they're about to break through. And as soon as Scot came home yesterday he set up the high chair that has been in a box in our garage for a month. Riley still looks so tiny in this big chair. But I know it won't always be that way, and that makes me miss my little newborn Riley already.
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
2 comments:
As she has filled out more, I think she's gotten even more adorable. She's seriously such a little cutie! Isn't it weird seeing them sit up in a high chair? I was in denial too.
we were pimpin in those 70s/80s... nice dress :) last time someone wore it.... it was ME!!! I hope I rub off on her a little bit, and by that I have no idea what I mean!
Post a Comment