Thursday, September 6, 2007

Flip Happy

On Saturday, we headed out to find Flip Happy, which was featured on Throwdown with Bobby Flay (food network). They serve savory and sweet crepes. The reason I say "find" is because they serve you out of an Airstream trailer, but you have to find it first. It used to be in a parking lot behind some building, but the location we had was out of date so we had to stop and Becca's hair salon and found out that they had moved (not too far, but pretty cool that a whole restaurant can move). This place is probably the most "Austin" we've found - open, relaxed, a little weird, but good and fun. It's pretty popular, since I stood in line for about 30 minutes to order and then we waited 20 minutes for our crepes to get made (it seems like we went at the busiest time), but it was a nice day and nice to just sit and relax and make it an experience.

I had the "cuban" - pulled pork, cheddar, pickles, mustard and tobasco crepe and a lemon curd with berry sauce crepe for dessert and Becca had a ham, gruyere, morney, and scallions crepe with a vanilla pastry cream and berries crepe for dessert. Yummy!

4 comments:

Danielle said...

MMMM...looks good! Quick question you seem pretty good at your blog-how do I add video to my blog? May be a dumb question but I can't figure it out! Thanks!

The Higginbothams said...

Sounds...interesting. You guys are definitely adventurous when it comes to your dining.

Suzy said...

Ben took me there last month. I was expecting a real restaurant, but then we pulled up to this thing and my jaw dropped. It was a little difficult with Lucas, but well worth it. The lemon curd/berry crepe was awesome, as was the gruyere, mushroom crepe... Mmmm. I'm glad you brought your camera. We were sad that we didn't have ours.

John said...

I just started making crepes this past week! Yours were much more fancy. I only made a strawberry filling and a glaze for the topping. Not that fancy but I enjoyed it!