Monday, September 10, 2007

Baby Fix

A newborn baby is a lot of work, right? Can you imagine five? I was able to spend a few hours tonight helping a family here in Austin that recently came home from a hospital in Arizona with healthy quintuplets. Three girls and two boys. They're about six weeks old now, and tomorrow is actually their due date. While I was there I fed two babies, changed three diapers and two outfits, retreived at least a dozen pacifiers, folded two baskets of laundry, loaded the dishwasher, and spent the rest of the time swaddling and rocking babies. I had such a good time that I'm going back again next week with my friend, Suzanne. If you've been invited to help the Wilkinsons, I would recommend it. It's a good way to get a baby fix. Both parents have a blog, and they've also got a website, if you're interested. Not surprisingly, they're all a little out of date, but they do have some photos of the babies. And for a funny interview with Jayson (father of the quints), check out this link.

3 comments:

Suzy said...

I'm so excited to go with you! I can't believe how put together they all look. I think I would have the greasiest hair ever and be in sweats and a t-shirt. Wait... I always look like that (minus the greasy hair).

Danielle said...

That is amazing! I just read her blog and that is unbelivable! I was calculating the babies weights-did she have the largest combined birth weight for quints? I don't envy her at all but I am sure they will certainly bring fun to the family!

Trotts said...

Hey Becca, I wanted to be cool like you. www.trottiers.blogspot.com