Friday, October 12, 2007

Sleeping Beauty

As I was sorting through photos the other day, I noticed how many shots we have of Riley sleeping in crazy positions. I'm sure that most kids do this...I know I did until I was in my mid-twenties...but this is my kid, so I'm blogging about it.





One week old and all she did was sleep.





Easter Sunday. I was trying to get some cute photos, but she fell asleep after the third one.



By twelve days old we were both sleeping whenever and wherever we got the chance.




At three weeks we were putting Riley in this sleep positioner for two reasons. First, we were hoping that the angle would help with all the spitting up. It was also an attempt to keep her swaddled longer, since that meant she slept longer. It didn't seem to decrease the spitting up, and you can see that it didn't help with the second purpose, either.



This was taken in May, and we were saving it for a blog post announcing that the paternity issues were resolved. We had a caption in mind like "Our Prayers Have Been Answered". But I guess we just got busy and forgot. Sad, because it's one of my favorite photos.




Jess and I had lots we wanted to do when she and Brady visited, and these two slackers couldn't always keep up.



I took this photo for no other reason than because this is how I often sleep, on my side with one arm thrown over my face.



One Sunday morning I fed Riley and dressed her for church and then put her in her crib to play with her new new mirror toy, while I got myself ready. I came back in to find that she'd falled asleep with her hand still on her reflection.



Riley's Grandmommy gave her this pink bear soon after she was born. It obviously makes an excellent pillow.






That recliner is way too comfortable!
.
.
.
.
.
.
She scooted as far as she could go before finally resigning herself to a nap.


.
.
Since Riley became mobile, she's started protesting her naptimes more than she used to. This particular afternoon she sat up in her crib and cried until sleep finally overtook her. But this photo is evidence that she fought it off as long as she possibly could.

3 comments:

emily said...

Those are so cute! Don't you love that sleep so much? She's adorable!

Courtney said...

ohhh precious!!! I just can't get over how cute she is!

Tiffany said...

I love the last one, I can just picture her slowly bobbing in and out of consciousness and then giving up. Very cute pictures, very cute little girl!