Sunday, October 14, 2007

Fishheads

Most recent travel experience (last one – missing hotel room). This one reminded me of a story that Becca’s cousin, Marc, told us at Leesa’s wedding luncheon. When you are on a plane and sit near the back, you know exactly what meal you are having. You hear the choices as the attendants make their way back. For example, “chicken, pasta, or fishheads?” So they are making their way back and you hear, “chicken or fishheads? Sir, chicken or fishheads?” You already know what you are getting. They get to you and they say, “We have some lovely, tasty fishheads for your meal! Would you like it? It’s yummy!” Yum – fishheads!

When we gave our RSVP for the luncheon, we got to choose the beef or chicken dinner. As they were passing out the dishes, they asked, “beef or chicken?” We could tell that we would be some of the last served, which is when Marc told the story. Well, against social convention, there must’ve been people changing their minds, because when they got to us, they asked, “beef or chicken?” and when all four of us said beef, the server got this screwy look on her face and said, “uh, there’s only three more beefs.” Fishheads! Actually, the chicken ended up better than the beef, but it was funny anyway.

Today on my flight, they served lunch. I retract my dislike of Continental after they misplaced my luggage in Madrid last year and had to track me down in Barcelona. They are the only ones that seem to serve free meals anymore ($5 cookie on American anyone?). After 4 airlines in 4 weeks, I have to say that Continental and Southwest are far better than American and US Airways. Anyway, I hear the attendants, “turkey or tuna?” Well, let’s just say I got the tuna. Fishheads! Almost literally. Actually, it was surprisingly quite good. I like tuna every once in a while, but it’s not my usual choice. Everyone got Frito’s though and we all know those are the last chips that are taken in a multi-pack. I guess our whole flight got – Fishheads!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Becca,

Come look at this... click here You'll want to see that. :D

John said...

I find myself using this term all the time now.