Friday, December 7, 2007

Good Day Sunshine

She'll rise, and most of the time she'll shine. But not yesterday. Riley is usually so happy when she wakes up in the morning, or from a nap. I'll hear her moving around and making noise so I'll go in her room to get her out of bed. As soon as she sees me she gives me a fantastic smile and starts bouncing up and down while holding on to the rails of her crib. But then there are other times . . . . like yesterday. She woke up crying, and nothing I could do would console her. All I wanted was a cute photo of her in her new eskimo PJs from Alicia. But these are the best I could get.
And speaking of eskimos, now that we're well into December, you'd think we could get a little cold weather around here. But the expected high today and tomorrow is 84 degrees. It's crazy! I can just hear my Mom in Utah telling me to stop complaining. She hates winters up there. So just for you, Mom, I'll quit wishing for cold weather and enjoy the warmth while it lasts.

8 comments:

Alicia said...

She looks so cute in them! Super tragic, of course, with the littel red nose and the crying but adorably tragic.

Trotts said...

That's a cute sad face. I'll trade you places though, it snowed like 8 inches in West Valley last week. I bet Bernie would love snow.

The Higginbothams said...

You know, I bet you really don't mind the continued warmth, but you really just want to feel justified in dressing Riley in all her cute winter clothes, like eskimo PJs for example.

Becca said...

Oh Jess, you over-estimate Riley's wardrobe. We live in Texas, so her winter clothes consist of a hat that I bought last week at a second-hand store, a borrowed coat, and now the eskimo pajamas. But if she did have cute winter clothes I'd really be irritated with this weather.

Danielle said...

consider yourself lucky that this doesn't happen ver often...for the last month Kali has been having night terrors...I feel like I'm waking up with a newborn again!

Tiffany said...

Ahhh, it makes you want to just hold and console her. Poor thing. She does look cute in her PJs though.

Leslie said...

I relly get a kick out of watching your videos of Riley. Especially when you asked her if she was not going to take her nap and she says No. I am also with your Mom quit your whining it is 20 degrees here in Bountiful. Leslie

Anonymous said...

How did you guess what was going through my head as I read your complaint. I wouuld be perfectly happy with that temp, even in December.