Today, we went to Hollywood and the La Brea Tar Pits. I wanted to do the touristy stuff in Hollywood, like see Grauman's theatre and the walk of fame because I never had and you have to do it once in your life. How else could you take a picture of stars with random people's names on it, like Alex Trebek and Spock?
When I was 10, my family took a big loop trip from Albuquerque to California (LA, Hearst Castle, San Fransisco), Salt Lake City, Denver, then back. The only stop we made in LA was to the La Brea Tar Pits and I remembered liking it. We didn't go into the musuem where they have more ice age fossils, but it was a nice walk around the park. They had one excavation site open and you could see bones sticking out of the asphalt (depite the name, it's not actually tar). Another nice thing was that Shana could walk across the street from her work and see us for a few minutes. She's going to be hanging out with us on the weekend, so we'll get to spend more time with her while we're here.

No comments:
Post a Comment