This morning, we headed to the LA Zoo. None of our family was interested, so it was just Becca, Riley, and I. It was a decent zoo but I've been to better (like Fort Worth). The main reason we went is that Riley shows such an interest in birds and I saw that the zoo had an aviary. The aviary wasn't what we expected because there weren't many birds flying around.
Riley loved a bird show we went to. She clapped and squealed and followed the flying birds really well. Even after the show when we were walking to other exhibits, she must have been thinking about the birds because she would start to clap again and laugh. She also like the flamingos because they were making a lot of noise and were colorful. At the gibbon (a primate) exhibit, two rival "gangs" were yelling at each other so it was pretty loud and Riley liked that. We have the bird show and the gibbons on video, so we have to wait until we get back to pull the video of the camcorder and edit it. Riley's favorite animal, that always got a great excited response from her, was another primate: little human kids.
1 comment:
Becca, I'm so glad you visit my blog! And funny because I've clicked on your blog many times through Jessica's too. I started to leave a comment once and then I don't remember why I didn't finish. As I'm sure you know, little people can cause many distractions.
I know in the comment I almost left it was something about how absolutely adorable Riley is. Seriously. She's just so pretty. I love her dark hair! Anyway, isn't blogging a fun way to get in touch with people? It seems like I'm getting to know some people way better through this than I ever would in person.
Good to hear from you!
Post a Comment