Sunday, May 11, 2008

Port Aransas: Day 2

First, I took some pictures from our balcony at the condo. Many might not like the view of the ocean obstructed by an oil rig a mile offshore, but I kind of think it's neat. Too bad I didn't bring my binoculars to get a closer look.
.
.
The morning was a little windy, so we decided to head to the Texas state aquarium. It had fewer tanks than other aquariums I've been too, but they did have more exhibits/shows. They had a bird show, and otter exhibit, stingray petting, a dolphin show, plus the regular tropical fish, shark, jellyfish, and other smaller tanks. We decided to watch the dolphin show from below (looking into the water) because we've all seen them flip above water and all so we thought it would be cool to see what happened under the water. Riley loved all the fishes and birds.
.
.
This dolphin could dribble a ball underwater. He would push it down and use the bouyancy to catch it on its way back up. It was pretty cool. Maybe it was flipper's cousin.
.


.
Riley learned a new trick from our friend. When we hide something, she shrugges her shoulders and holds out her hands as to say, "where did it go?" A dolphin went around a corner out of sight and she did it (see pictures below).
.
.
Riley tried to follow the dolphins and touch them through the glass. Sometimes, the dolphins would swim by slowly and she would walk along with them. She also called the otters "doggy". By the end, she was pooped and fell asleep on me in the dark room with the shark tank and soothing music.
.

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Love the pig-tails!!

Michelle said...

I love the picture of Riley doing the "Where did it go?" stance and also the one where she is all tuckered out! What a cutie!