We decided that one of the things we should do before leaving Texas is to go to the coast. We decided to go to Port Aransas (near Corpus Christi, but on the Gulf of Mexico), which is a 4 hour drive from Austin (pretty much the closest beach). You could drive another 3-4 hours south and go to infamous South Padre, but with a 13 month old, didn't think it would be a good idea. We rented a condo on the beach and invited my parents, who flew into Corpus Christi. So, happy mother's day, mom. We checked in late in the afternoon and after settling in and eating dinner, we walked on the beach and then came back, put Riley to bed, and played some Hand and Foot (I love the game - my great great aunt Katherine taught it to me when I was younger).
.
Riley was a little confused by the beach - the water she has encountered so far is still. She wanted to walk, so we let her and when the first wave hit her feet, she fell. This freaked her out a little bit, and then to make it worse, when I rushed over to help her up, I kicked some more water on her. Anyways, she was afraid of the water for about 12.3 seconds. After that, whenever we put her down, she headed straight to the water and tried to stomp on it. She had a pretty goofy grin the rest of the time too. It was pretty fun - now we just have to get her in her swimming suit rather than her regular clothes. Click on any picture for a bigger one.
2 comments:
I swear, some faces she makes look a ton like some of Landon's faces he makes. Sometimes they look "so alike" to me!! So CUTE!
Wow - this looks like such a fun trip! One day Jeff and I will have to make it out to the coast...maybe at the last minute just like you guys :)
Post a Comment