Monday, May 12, 2008

Port Aransas: Day 3

Today was a lazy day. Nothing was really planned, which is nice for a vacation on the beach. My parents went for a run on the beach then I went and played a little tennis with them. After Riley's nap and lunch, we headed to the beach. First of all, we went to the beach last night, but the water was really cold and Riley didn't like it at all so we ended up just taking a walk. Today, the water was a little warmer, but once Riley got a little wet, she got cold and wasn't too happy about it. Instead, she played with her pail and shovels in the sand and seemed to love that (as well as watching the seagulls and other birds). Becca got pinched by a crab on her big toe. The beach was really shallow, so I walked out about 50-75 yards past four sets of waves and the water was just to my chest. After getting tired of the sand and with a portuguese man of war washing up on shore next to us playing in the sand (it's kind of like a jellyfish, but not a jellyfish [worse]), we rinsed off and headed to the pool and its clean water. Riley had more fun in the water there, kicking and splashing.
.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I love these pictures! - and sorry to hear about your toe Becca! ouch!

The Higginbothams said...

It sounds like you've had a good trip. I didn't even know you were doing this. What a great idea though. I'm glad Riley played in the sand with toys rather than trying to eat it.