Riley is learning new words all the time, so I thought I'd document those that she says right now. There may be one or two more than I haven't thought of, but this is a pretty good list. A few of these she'll say on her own, but many she only says when she's repeating me or Scot. I should also include the disclaimer that Scot and I can understand her when she uses these words, but others would probably only understand a handful of them. For example, teeth is "teess" and please is "pss". But bird and ball are pretty much the same "buh", bye bye is "du du" and shoes is "eesh".
baby, ball, bear, blankie, shoes, toes, ear, teeth, pretty, yum, cold, stinky, yuck, dirty, no no, don’t, yeah, hi, bye bye, all done, please, thank you, all gone, more, uh oh, down, Daddy, Brady, peas, cheese, peach, banana, milk, juice, water, fish, bird, duck, "moo", and "ruff"
Months ago we started teaching Riley some baby sign language. I think it has helped her learn say a lot of words. She learned to say please, thank you, more, and a few others as she was learning to sign them. She still does the sign as she is saying those words. Other words, like grapes, she can sign but doesn't know how to say yet.
I'm excited for her to continue learning more words, primarily because the result will (hopefully) be less grunting and whining.
3 comments:
Good thing you are keeping track! By the time I wrote down Camden's first words when he was like 1 1/2, there were way more that he knew than I thought! I couldn't remember which ones he learned first! (Except for his first word) I especially used to like when he would say go go go! And, yes, the more words they learn, the better-but then the tantrums start b/c they expect you to give them what they want if they say it ;)
Landon's words ... I think Daisy. Sorta sounds like dayday. Oh, and that could sort of be dada too. Who knows!
Too bad she hasn't been around Cory enough to learn that one.
Post a Comment