Friday, June 20, 2008

Free Ride

We had a great time on our bike ride this morning. The sky was overcast and if I rode fast enough I could get a nice breeze. Good motivation to work a little harder.

I'm not sure if Riley really had any idea what was going on. Every time I looked over my shoulder she was just looking around at the things we were passing.

We rode up the street a little way, headed over on a side street, and then stopped to play on the playground at an elementary school in our neighborhood.

On the way home we got barked at by several little dogs as we passed. I think that may have been Riley's favorite part. She barked right back at all of them.

It was on that last little leg that she realized she was wearing a helmet...or at least she remembered that she could take her helmet off. I'd feel it hit my back, so I'd stop, turn around, and put it back on her. This happened three times before we finally got home. Hopefully she'll grow accustomed to it and will leave it on through the entire ride next time.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Looks like a fun bike ride! Hurrah for it being less than 100 degrees so you could almost stand to be outside! My favorite part is when Riley barked back at the dogs - adorable.

RATCH said...

Ella and I used to ride together on my bike just like this... so fun! Also THANK YOU for the IKEA suggestion I am so excited to get the bib!

Alicia said...

It's so funny how she looks so teeny in her helmet sitting in that bike seat! So very cute and it's so funny that she barks back at the dogs.