My bike is in the shop for a tune-up, so I decided to get some heavier yard work done. After fixing one of our back gates and replacing A/C filters, I decided to cut off a dead limb on a tree out front. Becca wasn't too happy about me climbing 20' up in a tree with a chain saw (she doesn't even like that I have a chain saw), so I pulled out all my PPE (personal protection equipment) including my climbing harness. I tied myself to another limb in case I lost my balance. Becca came out to watch (in her mind to be ready to take me to the hospital) and of course, take pictures. We decided against the camcorder because that just leads to clips that end up on America's Funniest Videos and I didn't want to be the recipient of that. I think she underestimated my lumberjack skills. I even cut a slit on the underside of the branch first to prevent the branch from splitting too close to the bough when it broke off.
.
.
Riley liked the show. I had them back up to the other side of the driveway, clear of the potential fall zone (safety first!). Riley was a little concerned while she was trying to figure out why I was up in a tree and the chain saw was so loud, but she cheered everytime the chain saw stopped and cheered when the branch fell. Thank's for the support! I think that the show drained her energy and it got a little boring for her at the end.
.
1 comment:
That is one of the cutest dresses I have ever seen! :)
Nice lumberjackin' Scot.
Post a Comment