With my birthday on Monday, I decided that I wanted to pull my trump card and pick an activity to do today. For four years, I've wanted to go to a Texas marching band competition. Yes, I'm the guy that stays in the heat at a football game to see the band halftime show. Whenever we had competitions in New Mexico, a Texas band or two would come and blow us all away. Of course, these were west Texas bands with 300-400 people and big props. Their volume and size dominated our 100-150 person bands. So, I wanted to see a bunch of them in one competition. I've been too lazy before to find out when a competition was, but I found one here in Austin - The Westlake Festival.
We headed down this afternoon after Riley napped to see the AAAAA bands (why go for the smaller ones?). We stayed for all 9 bands and it was pretty fun. Riley loved it. She especially liked the color guard (dancing. dancing. dancing) and the music (she would dance and shake her bum). We were worried she would get bored, but she was fine the whole time. She loved the show called "Things that pop", especially the balloon props. She also liked all the school buses.
2 comments:
Monday eh? Happy birthday to BOTH of us on the 13th then!
How do you get those big photos side by side? I can't even get the little ones to go side by side!
Post a Comment