Saturday, October 11, 2008

Picking "the one"

Ok. This has been a problem for me. With a digital camera, you can just take hundreds of pictures, but when deciding which ones to publish/print, I always have a hard time picking "the one". I usually erase the obvious bad ones (blurry, eyes closed, etc.), pick out the favorites (maybe 10), then compare each one and erase the one that I like less until I have a managable number. I've never had a problem photographing Riley because she is pretty photogenic. Sometimes she knows it and will show off or try to make us laugh, which only feeds her desire to make us laugh more. When the lighting is the same, how can I pick which one is "best". For you photographers out there, what criteria do you use, or is there just an innate - that's the one? Hair? Eyes? Lighting? Something unique?


5 comments:

Tiffany said...

I love the one on the top left and bottom right the best! What a ham! She is so cute!! I can't believe how long her hair is getting. It really makes her look grown up!

Suzy said...

I love the bottom right. I tend to like the more natural pics. She's too cute and very photogenic. I wish Lucas would smile on command!

The Higginbothams said...

I prefer the middle right and bottom right. They are closer up and her smile is a little bigger. I usually don't have the problem choosing. I'm just happy to get one good one with my wiggly boy whose smile lasts .7 seconds.

Katelyn said...

oh man- she is definitely too cute to pick just one! I love the sequence. You can totally see her little personality burst out of that little body! nice work!

Tiffany said...

We have the same problem except John doesn't like to delete ANY of them. If I tell him one is blurry he says, yeah but it's still so cute!!! I love the top left. It's like she's posing but I also love the bottom 2 and the middle right one. Okay, so basically, I narrowed your 6 to 4. Although I really think the top right one is way cute too! They're all so different and all cute!