Sunday, November 23, 2008

Baby and House Updates

We have been selected by the birthmother (previously mentioned) for adoption. As more information is passed back and forth, we found out that she only sent a single email to two other couples and has only talked to us since then. As her and her mother looked at the profiles, they were both drawn to ours. We are excited. She is having a boy, due in mid-January. She and some of her family are going to the Dallas area for Thanksgiving, so we are going up on Tuesday and meeting her on Wednesday before returning that afternoon to pick up Shana from the airport.

We have received an offer on our house. We still need to counter. There was a question about some maintenance that needs to be done, so we just need to resolve that issue (the buyer knew about it, so they offered lower than our asking price, but they estimated it too low [we got a quote for it]). The couple really likes our house and just got their house under contract to sell (so they are motivated to buy).

12 comments:

emily said...

Congrats, you guys! I am so excited for you! That is great news...you must be doing something right for everything to be falling into place the way it has been! Thanks for the updates!

Michelle said...

Great news on all counts. I can't wait to hear more as things progress!

Plus, Utah beat BYU...I can't believe that didn't make this post with all the other good news...(well, good news for you):)

MartyE said...

Wow, you have had quite a week! Congrats on defending. I am sure you are so happy that is done. Wonderful about your house (in Austin and Ft Collins) and how wonderful about a baby BOY! How exciting! We are so happy for you guys. You are going to be very busy the next few months.

Courtney said...

YAY! good news indeed!

Tami said...

YAY!!!!! Great to hear all the good news!

Tiffany said...

That is awesome news! I guess it was good about Riley practicing for a brother. =) That is such great news! And congrats on the house selling too! It's all falling into place.

Danielle said...

Looks like everyhting is working out! We'd love to see you while you're here, good luck!

The Wife said...

YEAH! Congratulations (again)!

Brian said...

Great news, guys! We'll keep our fingers crossed.

Stephanie said...

So happy for you! And January is almost here! I'll look forward to hearing your updates.

Katelyn said...

Double congrats! Y'all have been in my prayers lately. I hope everything works out well.

And PLEASE PLEASE let me know if you need a place to stay on tuesday night, we are in Dallas and would be happy to have you. (I'm quite serious!) ~katelyn

Tiffany said...

How exciting!!! I didn't know she had selected selected you! I had only heard that you were going to visit with her! I'm so glad that we're going to have boys now the same age too!