.
There are 6 community sized parks, which means somewhere in the neighborhood of 80 acres, including ball fields, tennis courts, basketball courts, playgrounds, soccer fields, etc. Each one also has a focus area. One has a disc golf course, indoor pool and 2 ice skating rinks. One has a small working farm. One has a roller hockey rink. One has a BMX course. In addition to these, each square mile has at least 1 smaller neighborhood park.
.
The public school system is also run very well. They let the schools compete with other schools and you can transfer your kids if you want. There are IB as well as AP programs. Around 50% of the adults in Fort Collins have at least a bachelors degree (much higher than the national average), so the people believe in education.
.
We also went by some theatres and other places of interest. Downtown (which was the inspiration for Main Street, USA at Disney World) is a nice, walkable area with some really cool shops and restaurants.
.
Overall, Becca was impressed. She had tempered her expectations just in case it seemed too small town, but she really was happy with our choice. It's a great place to raise a family.
.
After the tour, we started looking at houses. Our realtor had sent us listings and we had narrowed it down to about 10 favorites. After viewing all 10 of them, the day was almost done. The next day, we went back to two we liked more than the others, decided on one, ran a market comparison, put together an offer, and sent it. By Saturday night, we had a contract. Here is a picture of it. It's a 2-story 4 bed/3.5 bath with a basement at the end of a quiet cul-de-sac. We are happy with it. There are few things we'll change over the years, but mostly it's all cosmetic (kitchen countertops, flooring, etc.).
.
.
During our trip, Riley stayed with some friends here in Austin. She definitely had a good time. We'll probably save this for another post. Becca and I had a nice time being together and getting excited for our move and future.

7 comments:
What a cute house! We're going to miss you guys so much. Stop trying to make me cry.
You did a great job of selling Ft. Collins, btw. Now I want to move there.
Super cute house!!
What a beautiful house! Have fun making it into your HOME!
Sorry, the above comment was this, except with a typo:
I'm excited to visit you guys in this awesome house sometime. It sounds like there will be lots to see and do there. I bet it was nice leaving Riley home for a few days, even if your trip was more work than play. I'm glad you found what you were looking for in just a short time.
Oh I love it! I'm excited to come see it now that you will only be like 7 hours away and not 20! (or whatever it is) Ft. Collins sounds great, and that's so nice you found a place so quick!
What a great looking house! I am so happy for you guys. Ft Collins is a wonderful place to raise a family. I have heard great things about it (mostly from Amie):)
Post a Comment