Riley is handling this big change in our family better than we could have hoped for. The biggest problem it has created for her so far is a bit of confusion about the lyrics to Ring Around the Rosies: now she chants, “Asher, Asher, all fall down!” Riley likes her new brother and is always concerned when he cries, or even when he has hiccups. But she hasn’t been as smothering as I was guessing she might. She helps by taking his wet diapers to the trash, and she likes to join in the back patting when I burp him. But she hasn’t yet tried to pick him up or stick random things in his mouth. Thank goodness! I was getting annoyed one day when she kept wondering off with his burp cloths. But she stopped as soon as I told her that Asher had spit on them. “Pit? Eewww!” Now if I could just get her to quit touching his pacifiers.
She was watching a Sesame Street DVD yesterday (Thanks Alicia, it’s been a life saver on so many occasions, including in the waiting room at the hospital!) and I laid Asher on the bed near her to change his diaper. After I finished Riley suggested, “Asher watch Elmo?” So they laid there together long enough for a picture and she was satisfied. Just don’t tell her that he wasn’t really watching the TV.

Riley loves to play peek-a-boo, and Asher tried to get in on the action this afternoon when I was taking photos of him.

And finally, the last photo taken of Asher and his Daddy before Scot flew home on Sunday.

4 comments:
Asher is simply adorable. Many, many congrats!
I love looking at all the cute pictures of Ahser. Keep em coming!
Okay, slip of the keyboard. Asher, not Ahser!
What a cutie! I'm sure Riley is such a great big sister. I bet you can't wait to get home to your own home though and start on this next journey! Congrats again!
Post a Comment