Friday, February 27, 2009

Causing a Racquet

Becca's Aunt and Uncle have a tennis court on their property, so on nice days, I would take Riley out to "hit" a few balls with her. I would practice my serve and hit the balls across the court, which was great with a little spectator saying, "Niiice!" and "Good one!" and "Whoa!" I showed Riley how to hold the racquet and to use the old cadence my mom taught me - Bounce. Hit. Of course, Riley could barely lift the racquet, so she would swing at the balls on the ground, but every once in a while I would get behind her, bounce a ball and help her swing and hit the ball. Towards the end of our "practice sessions", she would tell me, "No, Daddy! I do it mysewf!" Now, don't think that I'm pushing her into a living-vicariously-through-my-child tennis career (like Mary Pierce or the Williams sisters). She asked me to go out. She would get "her" racquet and get the one that I used and would bring them in and say, "we go pway tennis?" It was cute to see her excited about it.




3 comments:

Tiffany said...

Truly cute! She is getting so big!! I love the pictures of her at the zoo. Hows the attempt at escaping Texas coming along??

Tiffany said...

Heehee, Landon just discovered mom's racquet. I was wondering if it was too early to show him what you were supposed to do with a tennis racquet. I guess I can start him on those lessons. I will live vicariously through my son. Here comes a tennis, baseball, basketball, football pro!!!

Michelle said...

Those pictures are ridiculously adorable.