While I was back in Texas, we decided take Riley to the zoo. Ann and two of her grandkids (Payton and Kali) came as well. Riley's 2nd cousins are a little older than her, but she had a great time with them. Becca told me that I was supposed to do this post before I left, but I guess I didn't hear, so I had to wait until they came home so I would have the pictures.
Riley with one of her Payton in the wagon.
Riley loved the flamingos and made up a one legged flamingo dance.
Riley was afraid of the parakeets. She was brave going towards them, but once they moved, she screamed. She reassured herself though, saying, "don't be afwaid of the biwds" over and over (even after we were back home).
Mommy loves the giraffes. They were probably the 3rd or 4th favorite animal for Riley.
Riley was fascinated by the gorillas. There are thick windows around parts of the habitat and the silverback likes to come right up to them and either sit there or stare at people. Riley, like the birds, had a love/scared relationship with the gorillas. It's all she would talk about though for days and even weeks. "Where's the gwiwa?" She was convinced it was in the house and wouldn't go to dark rooms without us. We had to convince her that the gorilla lives at the zoo and stays there. Look at the gorilla's eyes - he stared her down.
Just a nice picture with a half smile.
2 comments:
Good pictures guys! I especially love the one of riley imitating the flamingos.
Payton loved having Riley here to play with. She asked me the other day if we could go play with her. She didn't understand why she had to go "home". She enjoys looking at pictures of her on the computer. I told her we would have to go to Colorado sometime and visit.
Post a Comment