Both my friend Katelyn and cousin Emily occasionally write posts of silly or endearing things their children have said recently. These posts are some of my favorites, so I thought I’d do the same and fill you in on some of Riley’s latest wisdom. These go back about a month and are basically in chronological order.
I went in to get her out of bed after her nap and she enthusiastically greeted me by saying, “Hi Poopy!”
Riley: Go to Target?
Mom: No, we're not going to Target. Where are we going?
Riley: To lunch?
Mom: No, we're not going to lunch. Where are we going?
Riley: Shopping?
Mom: No, we're going bowling.
“I need that” to Scot about his brownie. He let her take a bite and as soon as she swallowed it: "I need it again." She was about to take a third bite when she realized that Scot's fingers were in the way. "I bite fingers," she warned.
She interrupted me while I was singing Teach Me to Walk In the Light, a song taught in our church’s children’s group. "No. I sing it, Mommy. [pause] How it goes?"
While we were in Texas my cousin Brock gave Riley a very appropriate nickname: Chatterbox. Later that evening while Riley and I were in the car she remembered, “Brock say Chatterbox,” over and over and over. Oh, the irony.
“Dat’s my poop!” while still sitting on the toilet, looking between her legs. I put her on the toilet and then left the bathroom for a minute. It was the first time she had pooped without me in the room.
“Thad be fun!” She would say this one quite often, about the most random things.
“Riley, get your shoes on so we can go to the grocery store.”
“Thad be fun!”
“Should we use your frog bowl for lunch?”“Thad be fun!”
“Bernie is going to get a haircut tomorrow.”
“Thad be fun!”
A couple that we just met at church invited us over for dinner last Sunday. Mid-meal Riley interrupts the conversation by exclaiming, “Toots in my bum!”
And all week she has been stating to Scot and I, “You try it. You’ll like it!” about many things, some edible, some not.
8 comments:
Oh Riley, I feel the same way about brownies. Jeana made cookies tonight and I think I've eaten at least 8.
I love it! What cute kids you have:)
oh i love it!
i love the funny things they say, it almost makes me sad that Delaney is getting better and better at talking because the cute little ironies get farther and farther apart.
But I am with Riley, I need those brownies too! :)
Kids say the darndest things! =) I love it. And when they do say these funny things, you think, "I will never forget that!" then you don't write it down and totally forget it! That's why I have to write it down in my kitchen journal.
Oh Riley, funny girl. It's good you've recorded those things.
Of course I loved seeing that picture of Asher in that adorable outfit. Nice choice!
These are some of my favorite posts to read, too. I especially like her quote about biting Scot's fingers. She's hilarious.
These are so funny! Riley sounds like she keeps you and Scot constantly entertained. Thanks for sharing little glimpses into the daily life of Riley.
That's my girl. She is pretty hilarious. Can't wait to see you guys next week.
Post a Comment