Tuesday, March 17, 2009

St. Patrick's Day



We had a fun St. Patrick's Day/celebration of my half-birthday. My favorite part of the day was the way it began, with both kids sleeping in so that I could too!

After getting ready for the day we were off to a new friend's for a playdate and lunch. Riley had a great time playing with two new "girlfriends," as she called them.

When Scot came home our Green Party began. We all wore green of course, except Riley, who cried when we suggested she wear something other than the blue dress she had picked out this morning. Dinner was corned beef and roasted vegetables, homemade bread, and green milk. The highlight of the evening was decorating green-frosted sugar cookies. Riley had a great time dumping green sugar on them, but only ate a half of a cookie. I guess she filled up on corned beef and carrots.

Enjoy this bizarre newsclip in honor of the holiday!


Are your way to Mobile right now?

p.s. Thanks to whichever sister passed along the festive onesie and socks!

3 comments:

Eilene said...

Looks like it turned out to be a great Patty's Day. Asher definitely wins for the best dressed of anyone I saw yesterday.
I forgot to wear my green. Terra told Cole to pinch me and you'd think she had asked him to hurt Grandma, there was no way he was going to do that.

Tiffany said...

What a fun day! We had green pancakes and green eggs and green jello. I should have thought of the green milk. That will make it into our St Pattys day tradition next year. =)

Courtney said...

Hahaha.. that video is so funny! I love the flute that was passed down for generations!