Last night Scot felt like getting a free DVD from Redbox, so after a Family Home Evening lesson on Joseph Smith, we loaded up the family and headed to our nearest McDonalds. Of course, even the quickest trip to McDonalds must include ice cream, especially on family night.
So Riley was treated to her first ice cream cone. We took them home because we knew it would be a messy experience. We put hers in a bowl and handed her a spoon, but she ignored the spoon and immediately grabbed the cone and went at it.
As you can see, she had a great time, and did a pretty good job with the cone. She ate it down to the paper wrapper, but as soon as I peeled that off for her she bit a chunk out of the bottom. I decided she'd had enough at that point and finished it off for her. We both walked away happy.
1 comment:
From her expression in the first photo, it looks like she enjoyed her first ice cream cone experience very much! ;)
Our daughter loves cones too. We went to get "kids cones" at DQ together semi-regularly last summer (summers are so hot here in AZ and ice cream is a welcome treat...).
I'm not sure we'll go there as much this summer though because now we have a newborn baby too.
I suppose I'll start getting "braver" about going more places by myself with just the two of them soon... :)
Post a Comment