Albuquerque has a nice aquarium. It's not the largest or the most diverse, but quite adequate and the kids loved it. Asher laughed at the fish and Riley named them all, either by their Nemo names, or the ones she made up. I gave myself an assignment to take pictures without using the flash, which would have destroyed the light. Most of these were shot with ISO set really high at 1600 (it was quite dark) with a 1/30 second shutter speed (I've decided I have to keep it quick enough because of hand shake and kids).
Shark Tank

.
Riley climbed up onto this fake log, posed, and told me, "Take my picture!" Once I took it, she asked, "Can I see it?" [on the LCD camera screen]. Doesn't it look like some school picture shot or something?
.

.
Smaller fish tank
3 comments:
Cool! My friend was telling me about a filter that will take the glare off of the glass-did you use something like that? The pics turned out great!
No, no filters. It was dark enough that there wasn't really any light bouncing off the glass. No flash means no bounce back. There are a few pictures that caught a reflection of a small track light in the room.
Becca, that "school" photo of Riley looks so much like you as a kid, if she only had blond hair. I swear you had a purple sweatshirt like that.
Post a Comment