Monday, December 21, 2009

Riley's Christmas Eve Story

We found a Christmas-themed Mad Lib in an activity book Riley received from a friend. I wasn't sure how well she would do with choosing words, but she did great and thought it was very funny when I read it back to her. This will give you a glimpse of some of Riley's favorite things.

"My family loves Christmas Eve more than any other holiday. We gather round the couch and stuff ourselves with cereal for dinner. We play Mousetrap, then we bundle up and go outside. The whole family walks around the neighborhood, singing I am A Child of God. It cracks me up when Bernie (our dog) sings that song. We have warm water as soon as we get home. Then each of us opens two presents from under the tree. Last year, I got a bird and a house. Just before bedtime, we have milk and hot dogs while I read Peter Rabbit aloud to the whole family."

3 comments:

Alicia said...

Do you often give your kid warm water??

Becca said...

Ha! That's a good question. She doesn't like cold water out of the fridge, so I give her water from the sink. She calls it warm water, since it's warmer than fridge water.

Eilene said...

Did I put a damper on your Christmas Eve ritual (according to Riley) becasue I don't remember doing any of those things this year.