Thursday, December 17, 2009

The Spirit of Christmas

Christmas time is so much more fun for all of us this year now that Riley understands it enough to get excited about it. I've tried to emphasize with her how fun it is to give gifts and do things for others. Last weekend we went to a display of Christmas lights and she was able to see Santa. He asked what she wanted for Christmas, and she just looked at him blankly.

She knows she gets to open presents on Christmas morning, but I don't think she has made the connection that there is stuff inside those boxes for her. I think her excitement is just about tearing wrapping paper off.

I'm going to enjoy this while it lasts. I'm sure by next year she will be a little more eager to tell Santa all the things she wants him to bring her.

1 comment:

jeana said...

You might have a few more years before the greed sets in. Even when Audrey finally started answering Santa's question of what she wanted, all she could come up with was "A present." This year, she finally answered, "A doll." It was much cuter when she didn't know what to say.