Monday, February 8, 2010

Craigslister

Do you love Craigslist as much as I do? I started using Craigslist to find furniture for our first house in Austin, and I quickly became a fan. Through it I've sold a dishwasher, a fridge, a range, a mattress set, a stroller, a car seat, even a potty seat (that one was NIB). I'm currently trying to sell a dining table, four unfinished wood chairs, and a dryer.

But oh, the stuff I've purchased on Craigslist. This is the part that gets me excited. Three strollers, a crib, changing table, and mattress, a pack & play, a baby wrap, a children's picnic table, a set of bunk beds, a piano, a settee, a hiking baby carrier, an exercise trampoline, our guest bed (that one was also unused). Ever since I discovered that I can do an RSS feed with my search criteria, I've become a little addicted. These are what I currently have my eyes open for.
A porch swing. I'm looking forward to spending summer evenings on one of these, watching my kids play in the cul-de-sac and enjoying the cool mountain air.

A grandfather clock. A classy, simple style. Maybe a little Skandenavian looking. Not a big ornate one that you'd find in someone's grandma's house. (My Grandma has pretty good taste, I think she'd like this one too.)

A pre-lit Christmas tree. I know it's not exactly the season for this, but winding lights around our tree is the only thing I dislike about decorating for Christmas.


An Eames rocker. Love this chair.


A pretty cuckoo clock. Again, nothing too ornate. Not one that looks like a Swiss chalet, or has little men skiing around in circles.

A balance bike. I've read that these are more effective in teaching kids to ride a real bike than training wheels. Riley would have so much fun on one of these, trying to keep up with the big kids in the neighborhood.

3 comments:

Farrah said...

How do you do an RSS feed in your search criteria? Please teach! It would make me oh-so-happy! And I'm looking for a porch swing too!

The Higginbothams said...

You get the balance bike and then we'll have Brady try it out. Those cuckoo clocks are cute. Have you tried etsy? That's a beautiful grandfather clock. Good luck finding one like that in decent condition on craigslist. Last of all, you should be the spokesperson for a porch swing company. Cool mountain air? Haha!

Janine said...

Craigslist is the best! Also, Walmart.com has a balance bike that is only $29 and has good reviews... maybe you don't have to wait on that one. (wee ride)