Sunday, February 14, 2010

Scrumptious Saturdays - Sunday edition



Beef Bourguignon

I saved this for Sunday and Valentines day rather than Saturday, but it turned out excellent. The recipe is Tyler Florence's (link). The sauce was so rich and savory. I made some homemade loaded mashed potatoes (sour cream, real bacon bits, cheddar cheese, and green onions). Neither of us could finish what I served, but it was soo good. I guess peasants would eat this in France, but they probably also had red wine and cognac easily available. That was the major expense of this dinner. It was fun to light the cognac on fire. I should have taken a picture, but forgot.

2 comments:

Tami said...

I guess you'll have to make it again just to set it on fire! I want the fire picture! Very cool-you are inspiring me...maybe I'll try something new and exciting :)

jeana said...

Wow! You are a die hard when it comes to cooking. If a recipe has more than three things that aren't regularly in my fridge or pantry it scares me off.