Over the past few months, we have been updating our kitchen to this decade.
Changes: Took out the tile and extended the wood from the entry way into the kitchen, new appliances (stove, fridge, dishwasher), granite counters, sinks, garbage disposal, faucet, back splash, paint, kitchen table and chairs, stools. We are pretty happy with how it turned out. We are pretty particular on what we wanted, so we kept searching until we found it. It took 6 or 7 samples of paint to get the right color (it was between green and red - 4 samples to get the right red).
To me, kitchens are the center and heart of the home. Food is a way to share time together and enjoy each other. Of course, I'm told that red increases your appetite, so Becca has suggested that we switch seats so I don't face the kitchen while eating. I guess that would counteract all the hard work I've been putting in to get in shape and lose a little weight in order to get ready for the tennis team, golf league, and mountain biking that I'll be doing this summer. That's for another post, hopefully with a before and after picture as well.


5 comments:
Holy cow I LOVE it! Especially the backspash and the wood floor.
It looks like its straight out of a magazine! LOVE IT! Great job!
Looks Amazing! I love the backsplash!!
Agreed w/ Monica... that backsplash is beautiful. Can you come decorate my house?
Christie
What a transformation. I LOVE it. That red paint really looks great, and of course the backsplash ties the counters and cabinets together so well. The lighting under the cabinets really draws attention to it. I wanted to see it in person first, but I just couldn't resist once Cory informed me about the post. Good job guys!
Post a Comment