Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Mug Shots

Asher was being especially charming yesterday, so I grabbed the camera to capture some of his adorable expressions. Well, anytime my kids see a camera, two things happen simultaneously. One, Asher gets shy, stops whatever he is doing, and tries to grab the camera. And two, Riley starts acting like a paparazzi-deprived starlet and does anything she can to get the camera aimed in her direction.

So on this day when I sat down on the floor to take some pictures of Asher, the only photo I was able to take was this,

before the only thing available to shoot was this.


In the meantime, Asher crawled over to me and laid his head down in my lap. So I was able to take these.


Big sister quickly wanted in on the action, of course. And not being in a mood to hold still for very long, Asher was happy to get out of her way.


Later I used a ball to distract him from the camera long enough to take these.

2 comments:

Tami said...

Today, Camden saw Riley's birthday on the calendar and when I told him she'd be turning three, he said, "Wow, it was like she was a baby just yesterday...kids sure do grow up quick!" hahahaha!

Scott said...

That Riley has a cute smile. I'm finding that one trick to persuasion is to ask a sibling to do what I want another sibling to do. Very quickly, the desired sibling wants to copy the "obedient" one. Reading about Riley copying Asher reminded me of that.